How To Safely Fix A Roof In Slippery Conditions
Fixing a roof leak is hard enough, but what if the roof is very slippery and is covered with debre or snow. Here are some things to remember when you’re trying to fix a slick roof.
- USE SAFETY EQUIPMENT. This is obviously the best way to stay safe. We like to use a fixed lanyard and a body belt, but you could also use a harness and retractable lanyard.
- Adjust your lanyard so if you slip you won’t fall off the roof.
- Don’t be afraid to put your anchor in the middle of the roof.
- Put something solid down when you’re prying up your anchor nails.
- Use Eternabond or a little caulk to fix the holes made by nailing in your anchor.